Tuesday, July 2, 2013

What to consider while buying a Air Conditioner with Free Installation from Croma Store

I visited the Croma Retail Store in Janakpuri, Delhi. located adjacent to Metro station and purchased a Window AC of Voltas 1.5 ton. I was promised to get free Croma Stablizer, Croma Blender, and FREE Standard Installation by three different persons. Even a pamphlet located on the display model of the AC, which I've purchased, confirmed the same. Even I bought 2 years extended warranty and applied for Tata Capital Card just because of trust on Tata. I made the payment through my credit cards.

Now, today I got a call from Rajesh (8860082230) from Voltas Service Center and he told the Standard installation will be charged Rs. 500 and he don't have any record for free installation. On my first interaction with Croma Customer Care at your TFN, I come to know that FREE installation should be mentioned on the invoice or comes on a coupon. The invoice doesn't say anything about the FREE installation and no such coupon was provided during the purchase. Available staff even don't tell anything about it and just promised FREE installation. It's my first interaction with Croma so I was also not aware about the documentation related to FREE installation.

Now the matter is not about the money rather its about the commitment. Croma should maintain its promise to give FREE Standard Installation. Here I am not asking to give FREE Customized Installation, that is a different thing.

If you cannot give the FREE installation then take your AC back and refund my complete money. I'll find a better store who maintain the trust of the consumers. Else I have to move to the District Consumer Forum.
UPDATE: -
,After writing this post, I visited the Croma store again and explained my grievance in detail. Manager promised me to refund the amount if I've to pay for the standard installation without any refund for accessories involved. He even forwarded my complaint to Voltas Service Center and finally I received free installation.

When you visit any Croma store and got free Installation with any product, then make sure to take the phone numbers of the concerned person and store manager if the installation has to be done by the product's brand. This will help you to get the what you've purchased,

No comments:

Post a Comment